i am zayne

lover of: music and words,thunderstorms and full moons,mountains and sweet breezes,poetry and prose,nursery rhymes and firelights.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Latter Days

I placed the lyrics of one of my favorite songs: Latter Days by Over the Rhine, a couple of post down hoping to spur conversation.

Occasionally, the highlighted portion grips my attention so that I am forced to reflect upon it:
"
Lord knows we've learned the hard way all about healthy apathy."

I spoke with my friend Amanda about the lyric this past week since she too is familiar with the band and it's music.

SO i pose the question: CAN APATHY TRULY BE HEALTHY?

I have not been able to move off of this thought:

If the opposite of love is indifference or apathy, can there truly be such a thing as Health Apathy"? Isn't claiming that thought a sort of denial to the effects of apathy or even a sort of murder?

Thinking out loud and hoping for comments.

Peace,
z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home