i am zayne

lover of: music and words,thunderstorms and full moons,mountains and sweet breezes,poetry and prose,nursery rhymes and firelights.

Monday, March 05, 2007

To Blog Perchance to Sleep

3/5/2007

I write a Blog entry in my head almost every night while I’m waiting for sleep to come sooth me away into it’s unknown land. Because of this, I used to keep a spiral notebook on top of my headboard thinking, “you gotta catch those thoughts while they are fresh.” But me being me, once I get snug into bed, and able to get the smallest cat to stop chasing my feet and the oldest cat settled down after trying out 15 different bed locations, the last thing I want to do is upset the madness. So I continue writing elegant prose and mind altering poems in the stillness of the night.

At least it all sounds pretty damn brilliant when I am between wakefulness and blessed sound sleep. At least my cats sometimes stop licking themselves long enough to acknowledge that they are present as the great American Blog is being created in my mind and into the air.

I refuse to acknowledge that the things produced in sleep may be total horseshit. I choose to think that dreams are the pathway to hope and hope is the exit before Divine realization. Surely that noble exit is not blocked. Surely the dresser and lamps are impressed. Surely the most influential writer’s award for sleep induced Blogging has been lovingly packed and placed in the mail on it’s way to me. I see it! I see it eloquently addressed in care of the keeper of my fantasies.

So, with this in mind, I will rest another day with brilliantly slurred and garbled words accompanying me into deep, poetic slumber.

I can dream, can’t I?

Peace,
zss

© 2007 Wrosesongs

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger John Natiw said…

    While you're writing brilliant prose/poetry/blog entries, I'm writing songs... Evenas I dream I write them. Not just a lyric, or a melody or a chord or two. Fully crafted songs. Ready-made, if you will. Sometimes in the morning I'll remember a hint of them. But they are never more than a whisper to me then.

    No Z, you're not alone...
    J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home