i am zayne

lover of: music and words,thunderstorms and full moons,mountains and sweet breezes,poetry and prose,nursery rhymes and firelights.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Oh sleep, where art thou?

June 4 2008


Occasionally, I face the daunting task of trying to trick my mind and body into feeling sleepy. I read, write, surf the net, dance, think, try not to think, clean…whatever I can think of that may tire my whole system only to hear the system send up a very vocal and articulate FUCK YOU!!!


It’s currently 2am on a “school night” and here I am hoping that if I go back to bed one more time, the sleep gods will meet me there. But, I’m also afraid that they have taken a trip to Antarctica or some such place with my rest secretly packed away in a dark corner of their carry-on luggage.


I want to find the hidden vial of sleep potion, I want to join the angels in sweet, peaceful slumber – to dream in innocence – to dream…but here I am bargaining with the universe for just a taste…another chance to bond with my pillows, to kiss the old day away in sweet R.E.M.

sleep well...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!



1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Joyce said…

    Can you say "Ambien"?

    It's great ... IF you actually go to bed after you take it. Not so good if you sit on the computer for an hour afterwards. (As I can testify! lol)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home